Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA)
At Credit Investment Bank, we value your privacy and strive to protect your personal information in compliance with the laws of Malaysia.
Pursuant thereto, this Privacy Notice is designed to explain and elaborate upon some of our policies and principles pertaining to the privacy of your personal information, all of which we have adopted as a sign of our commitment to respecting, maintaining, protecting and safeguarding the privacy of your personal information.
Credit Investment Bank will only collect, record, hold, use, disclose and store (i.e. “process”) use your personal information in accordance with such laws (including the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and other applicable data protection or privacy laws regulations), this Privacy Notice and the privacy terms in your agreement(s) with Credit Investment Bank that you may have contracted with.
This Privacy Notice explains:
- The type of personal information we collect and how we collect it
- How we use your personal information
- The parties that we disclose the personal information to
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update your personal information
Your privacy matters to us, so please take the time to get to know our practices and if you need further information, please contact us at +603 2181 7700
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, please note that:
“Personal information” refers to any information which relates directly or indirectly to you and/or your transactions with us. This information includes your name, address, occupation, contact details, the details of your account(s), the type of products and/or services subscribed to and such other necessary information regarding yourself and your transaction(s) with us. For the avoidance of doubt, please note that this Privacy Notice is applicable only if you are an individual.
What Kind Of Personal Information We Collect And How We Collect It
In order to enable us to deal with your inquiries, open and operate an account/facility for you and/or to generally provide you with our products and services, we may need to and/or may be required to process personal information and financial information about you, including but not limited to:
- personal information including your particulars, images and biometrics to establish your identity and background;
- specimen signatures, as well as, digital or electronic signatures as defined under the applicable laws and regulations;
- personal information to establish your financial standing, employment details, creditworthiness and/or suitability for any of our products/services applied for (if required);
- personal information that you provide when you apply for any of our products and services, including your views or opinions made known to us via feedback or surveys;
- information about your risk profile, investments, tax and insurance, investment objectives, knowledge and experience and/or business interests and assets;
- information relating to your activities, habits, preferences and interests arising from your use of products and services of Credit Investment Bank, our partners or vendors;
- other electronic data or information relating to you such as IP addresses, cookies, activity logs, online identifiers and location data through your usage of our products and services or as part of their delivery to you.
We may obtain this information from yourself and from a variety of sources, including but not limited to:
- through your relationship with us, for example information provided by you in application forms, when you operate your account and use our products or services, when taking part in customer surveys, competitions and promotions, and during financial reviews;
- through your verbal and written communications with us and/or our authorised agents via SMS, phone or mobile device, email, fax, mail, websites or browsers, social media and/or any other appropriate communication channels;
- from an analysis of the way you use and manage your account(s)/facility(ies) with us, from the transactions you make and from the payments which are made to/from your account(s)/facility(ies);
- from third parties connected with you, such as employers, joint account holders, security providers, guarantors and indemnitors, subject to your prior consent;
- from such other sources in respect of which you have given your consent to them disclosing information relating to you and/or where they are not otherwise restricted;
- from relevant governmental authorities and/or law enforcement agencies to ascertain inter alia your current and past financial standing;
- from other sources (for example from credit reporting/referencing agencies, and/or by any other authorities and/or from any financial institution);
- from any information that is supplied and/or collected when you visit our websites and/or download our mobile device applications which may include your device’s IP address or from data that is collected via cookies.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Other than as stated above, we may use your personal information for one or more of the following purposes:
- to assess your application(s) /request(s) for our products and services;
- to verify your financial standing;
- to conduct credit checks (including but not limited to upon an application for credit and upon periodic or special review of the credit which normally will take place one or more times each year) and obtaining or providing credit references;
- to manage and maintain your account(s) and facility(ies) with us;
- to better manage our business and your relationship with us;
- to better understand your current and future investment needs and your financial situation;
- to market and to provide you with information on our and selected third parties products, services, offers and/or contests which may be of interest to you (in respect of which we may or may not be remunerated) including but not limited to wealth management and related services and products and in this respect, to contact you via short message service (“SMS”), phone or mobile device, email, fax, mail, websites or browsers, social media or messaging, in person and/or any other appropriate communication channels;
- to improve our products and services and to test, research, analyse and develop new products/ new features of products and/or services;
- to study how you use the products and/or services (analysis for promoting product/service)
- to notify you about benefits and changes to the features of products and services;
- to administer offers, competitions and promotions;
- to respond to your enquiries and complaints and to generally resolve disputes;
- to update, consolidate and improve the accuracy of our records;
- to produce data, reports and statistics which have been anonymised or aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as an individual;
- to conduct research for analytical purposes including but not limited to data mining and analysis of your transactions with us;
- to meet the disclosure requirements of any law binding on Credit Investment Bank;
- to create and maintain credit, behavioural and risk related models for automated credit or suitability scoring and/or any purpose relating to audit, compliance and risk management purposes or functions;
- to analyse your credit and repayment behaviour scoring as part of a lending process;
- to assess financial and insurance risks;
- to transfer or assign our rights, interests and obligations under any of your agreements with us;
- to protect or enforce our rights to recover any debt owing to us;
- to conduct anti-money laundering checks; for crime detection, investigation, prevention and prosecution;
- to comply with any sanction or law enforcement requirements;
- to enforce and/or defend any of our rights; and/or
- for any other purpose that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or the order of any court and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
Please be assured that we will ask for your consent before using your personal information for a purpose other than those that are set out in this Privacy Notice and in the privacy terms in your agreement(s) with Credit Investment Bank.
Disclosure Of Your Personal Information
As a part of Credit Investment Bank providing you with our products and services and the management and/or operation of the same and for the purposes as set out in this Privacy Notice in relation to our use of your personal information, you consent and authorise us to disclose information about you and/or your accounts and/or facilities with us to
- companies and persons that act as our agents, contractor, affiliates, service providers, merchant and strategic/ business partners, lawyers, auctioneers, valuers and/or professional advisers (including their sub-agents, sub-contractors, affiliates, service providers, professional advisors), and the employees, directors and officers of all the parties mentioned above);
- companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions that you have requested;
- companies and/or organisations that assist us in providing value added services that you have requested;
- companies and/or organisations that provide services to us in delivering or communicating information about our products and services to you;
- other banks and/or financial institutions, credit reference agencies, credit reporting agencies, credit bureaus, any authority, central depository or depository agent in relation to the securities industry; the police; any other governmental or regulatory and authority or body, any insolvency department and our appointed debt recovery agents;
- any other person under a duty of confidentiality to us which has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
- any trustees, beneficiaries, administrators or executors;
- your advisers (including but not limited to accountants, auditors, lawyers, financial advisers or other professional advisers) where authorised by you;
- any other person notified by you as authorised to give instructions or to use the account(s)/facility(ies) or products or services on your behalf;
- any third party as a result of any restructuring of facilities granted to you or the sale of debts, or the acquisition or sale of any company by Credit Investment Bank, provided that any recipient uses your information for the same purposes as it was originally supplied to us and/or used by us;
- any guarantors or security providers for the facility(ies) granted by us to you;
- any person intending to settle any moneys outstanding under the facility(ies) granted by us to you;
- any rating agency, insurer or insurance broker or direct or indirect provider of credit protection;
- any financial institutions, merchants, VISA International Services Association, MasterCard International Incorporated and other card associations in relation to any credit card and/or debit card issued to you by us;
- your intermediaries, correspondent and agent bank, clearing houses, clearing or settlement systems, market counterparties and any company you carry out investment services through us;
- any law enforcement, government, courts, dispute resolution bodies and regulatory bodies and their appointed personnel or party, and/or
- any person connected to the enforcement or preservation of any of our rights under your agreement(s) with us, subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to the Credit Investment Bank (whether in or outside Malaysia). The afore-mentioned third parties may be located in or outside of Malaysia.
There may be instances which we may share non-Personally Identifiable Information about you to third parties, such as advertising identifiers or one-way coding (e.g. cryptographic hash) of a common account identifier, such as a contact number or e-mail address, to enable the conduct of targeted advertising.
Additionally, the individual entities within Credit Investment Bank, our merchants and strategic partners may contact you about products, services and offers, which we believe may be of interest to you or benefit you financially. Further, please also be informed that we will only disclose your personal information (which will not include information relating to your affairs or accounts) to third parties such as our merchants and strategic partners for marketing and promotional purposes where your express prior consent has been obtained and subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to Credit Investment Bank (whether in or outside Malaysia).
You may tell us at any time if you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from Credit Investment Bank and/or from our merchants and strategic partners by notifying us at the address/telephone number/e-mail address given at the end of this Privacy Notice. Your latest written instructions to us will prevail. In certain instances where marketing communications from us are sent via browser push to your mobile device, you will have to follow certain prescribed steps to discontinue the receipt of marketing communications from us.
We will treat your personal information as private and confidential and will not disclose your information to anyone outside the Credit Investment Bank except:
- where you have given your express consent as set out in our application form(s) and/or pursuant to your consent and authorisation as contained in this Privacy Notice and/or in the terms and conditions governing the products and services which you have with us;
- where we are required or permitted to do so by law;
- where required or authorised by any order of court, tribunal or authority, whether governmental or quasi-governmental with jurisdiction over Credit Investment Bank;
- where we may transfer rights and obligations pursuant to our agreement(s) with you; and/or where we are required to meet our obligations to any relevant regulatory authority (whether in or outside Malaysia).
Security Of Your Personal Information
Information is our asset and therefore Credit Investment Bank places great importance on ensuring the security of your personal information. We regularly review and implement up-to-date technical and organisational security measures when processing your personal information.
Employees of Credit Investment Bank are trained to handle the personal information securely and with utmost respect, failing which they may be subject to disciplinary action.
Retention Of Your Personal Information
Credit Investment Bank will retain your personal information in compliance with this Privacy Notice and/or the terms and conditions of your agreement(s) with Credit Investment Bank for the duration of your relationship with us, or as necessary to perform our obligations to you or to enforce or defend the interests of Credit Investment Bank and/or its customers as may be deemed necessary, or as required by applicable law and Credit Investment Bank policies in relation to data retention.
What If Personal Information Provided By You Is Incomplete?
Where indicated (for example in application forms or account opening forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application for our products or services. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, we may not be able to process your application/request or provide you with our products or services. You shall update us on any changes to your personal information recorded with us.
Your Rights To Access And Correct Your Personal Information
We can assist you to access and correct your personal information held by us.
Where you wish to have access to your personal information in Credit Investment Bank possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date, you may make a request to us via our Data Access Request Form or Data Correction Request Form respectively. These forms are available upon request.
We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal information within 21 days of receiving your duly completed Data Access Request Form/Data Correction Request Form and the relevant processing fee (if any).
Please note that Credit Investment Bank may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
Please also note that Credit Investment Bank may use its discretion in allowing the corrections requested and/or may require further documentary evidence of the new information to avoid fraud and inaccuracy.
Please ensure your personal information (such as your mailing address(es), e-mail address(es) and telephone number(s) recorded with us are current, complete and accurate. Please notify of any change in your personal particulars via the channels made available by us to ensure that all correspondence and/or communication reach you in a timely manner and to enable us to serve you better.
Please help us to ensure your personal information (such as your current mailing address(es), e-mail address(es) and telephone number(s) recorded with us are current, complete and accurate by updating us as soon as possible if there are any changes to your personal information recorded with us, as it will ensure that all correspondence and/or communication reach you in a timely manner and enable us to serve you better.
Exercising Choices Over The Disclosure, Retention And Use Of Your Personal Information
Subject always to our contractual rights and obligations under relevant laws and regulations, you may exercise your choice in respect of the disclosure, retention and use of your personal information. Should you wish to do so, kindly contact us at the address/telephone number/ e-mail address given at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Please take note that certain communications such as statements of account and our websites contain standard information regarding our other products and services that cannot be removed without affecting the delivery/provision of our services and/or products, the operation of your account(s) and/or facility(ies) with us, and/or additional costs to you.
Revisions To Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be revised from time to time. Notice of any such revision will be given on Credit Investment Bank website and/or by such other means of communication deemed suitable by Credit Investment Bank.
Contacting Credit Investment Bank About Your Privacy And How We Handle Your Personal Information
Should you have any query in relation to this Privacy Notice or how we handle your personal information, kindly contact us at the following contact points:
|Telephone||+603 2181 7700|
|Address||Unit Level 9(A) 2, Main Office Tower, Financial Park Labuan, Jalan Merdeka, 87000 Labuan F.T, Malaysia.|